Juicy Cheddar Stuffed Burgers
Your burger cravings will definitely be satisfied with this juicy burger stuffed with reduced-fat cheddar cheese. Stuff your burger with lettuce, tomato, ketchup, mustard, and a pickle. All this goodness with only 3 grams of Saturated Fat. Now, that's a win-win!
- Indoor Grill
- 12 ounces 93% Lean Ground Beef
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ⅛ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 4 slices Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 4 Whole Wheat Hamburger Buns
- 1 large Tomato sliced
- 4 Romaine Lettuce leaves
- 4 tablespoons 50/50 Ketchup (Low Sodium/Low Sugar)
- 4 teaspoon Yellow Mustard
- 1 ounce Low Salt Pickle Chips
Make the Patties
- Mix together ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and cayenne in a large bowl. Dived the mixture equally into 8 balls. Smash the balls into patties about 4-inches in diameter.Cut a 3½-inch circle from each cheese slice using a cookie cutter or rim of a glass. Sprinkle 4 patties with ¼ teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Place cheese rounds and remaining cheese on top of salt and pepper patty. Top with remaining patties. Gently press the edges together to seal. Sprinkle remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper on top of sealed patties.
Grill the Burgers
- Preheat an indoor grill to 400°F as per manufacturer instructions.Grill burgers for 5 minutes per side. Burgers are done when an instant-read thermometer reads 160°F.
Plate and Serve
- Toast buns if desired. Assemble burgers. Nutrition Facts for 1 burger:Bun + grilled patty + 1 tablespoon ketchup + 1 teaspoon mustard + 1 or 2 pickle chips + as much tomato and lettuce you want
Food Groups ***Meat = 2.5 servings, Grains = 1.5 servings
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Your comments and star ratings help me create recipes you will love.