Tomato-Spinach Tortellini Soup
Do a search for tomato-tortellini soup and you get a lot of recipes with variations on this delicious soup. You can reduce the saturated fat and sodium simply by choosing No Salt or Low Sodium ingredients . The result is a warm and comforting soup that gets 5 stars in our house. Very easy to make one pot meal. Package any leftover servings in an airtight container for lunch the next day, or freeze for another time. Both options work well.
- 1 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 (32-ounce) box Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 (19-ounce) package Frozen Cheese Tortellini
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese shredded
- ½ tablespoon Spaghetti Seasoning or Italian Seasoning
- 1 (10-ounce) package Frozen Chopped Spinach
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans No Salt Added Italian Stewed Tomatoes
- 1 (8-ounce) can No Salt Added Tomato Sauce
Make the Soup
- In a Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and saute' for 1 minute. Stir in broth and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil. Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, and Parmesan cheese. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Bring soup back up to a boil and add frozen tortellini. Cook for 5 minutes or until tortellini are tender.
Plate and Serve
- Each serving is a heaping 1½ cups. Garnish with a little shredded Parmesan.Make Ahead: Package leftover servings in individual airtight containers. Refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Food Groups ***Grains = 1.5 servings, Vegetables = 2 servings
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Your comments and star ratings help me create recipes you will love.