Teriyaki Chicken Thighs
Marinated chicken thighs that are so easy and so delicious. The hardest part of this recipe is remembering to make the marinade early enough. I like to marinate the chicken overnight, but it still works with as little as 4 hours.
- ¼ cup Light Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Light Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Cooking Sherry
- 2 tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Chopped Garlic (jar)
- 1 teaspoon Chopped Ginger (jar)
- ¼ teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- 1½ pounds Bone-In Chicken Thighs skin removed
Marinate the Chicken
- Combine the soy sauce, sugar, sherry, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Reserve 2 tablespoons for basting. Store in refrigerator until needed.Place chicken in resealable plastic bag. Pour marinade over chicken and seal bag.Refrigerate overnight.
Bake the Chicken
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly spray with cooking spray. Place chicken skin side down and bake for 30 minutes. Flip chicken over and bake another 30 minutes. Brush with reserved sauce last 10 minutes.
Plate and Serve
- Let chicken rest about 10 minutes before serving. Any leftover chicken makes a good meal prep dish. I usually cut the meat of the bone and package individually with leftover rice and veggies.
Picture is recipe doubled, or about 3 pounds of chicken.
Food Groups ***Meat = 2.5 servings
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Your comments and star ratings help me create recipes you will love.