Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
This is a hearty breakfast casserole that is perfect for a brunch or pot luck. An easy dish of tater tots, turkey sausage, eggs, and cheese creates a satisfying breakfast for a crowd. Choose any turkey sausage flavor you like; plain, breakfast, or even chorizo. The Sodium is about the same.
- 1 pound Ground Turkey Sausage
- ½ cup Onion chopped
- 12 large Eggs
- ½ cup 2% Milk
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 (32-ounce) bag Frozen Tater Tots
- 4 ounces Reduced Fat Monterey Jack Cheese shredded
- 6 ounces Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese shredded
- ¼ cup Green Onions sliced
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Coat a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook the sausage and onion in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, or until sausage is no longer pink and onions are soft. Drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Stir in Monterey jack cheese and 1 cup cheddar cheese.
- Arrange tater tots in a single layer in prepared baking dish. Evenly top with drained sausage and onion mixture. Pour egg mixture over it all.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, or until eggs are set. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese and bake another 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Let casserole sit for 10 minutes before cutting into 12 servings. Garnish with green onions.
Food Groups ***Meat = 2.5 servings, Starch = 1 serving
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Your comments and star ratings help me create recipes you will love.