Tasty Tortilla Soup
A simple soup that comes together in less than an hour. Serve as a first course or pair it with a mini-dilla meat roll-up (recipe in notes) for a perfect lunch. Any leftover servings can be frozen for up to 3 months. Freeze cooled soup without the cheese or tortilla strips.
- 2 teaspoons Avocado Oil
- ½ cup Onion chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons Salt Free Mexican Seasoning
- 1 (32-ounce) box Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can No Salt Added Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 1 large Zucchini cut into half moons
- 1 large Yellow Squash cut into half moons
- 1 cup Frozen Corn
- 2 ounces Tortilla Salad Strips
- 2 ounces Reduced Fat Mexican Style Four Cheese Blend
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and Mexican seasoning. Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in the broth, tomatoes, zucchini, squash, and corn. Bring to a boil, lower heat, cover, and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Divide soup evenly between 8 bowls and top with cheese and tortilla strips.
Mini-dilla Meat Roll-up: Roll 1-ounce Low Sodium deli meat and 1 slice Reduced Fat cheese in a Fajita (28g) size Low Carb flour tortilla. Adds 18 grams of Protein and 10 grams of Carbs. Half Moon Slices: Cut zucchini/squash in half lengthwise. Then slice the halves about a quarter inch thick.
Food Groups ***Starch = .5 serving, Vegetable = 1 serving
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Your comments and star ratings help me create recipes you will love.