Sweet and Sour Shrimp Rice Bowls
Super easy shrimp and rice bowl that starts with a bagged salad kit from the produce section of your local grocery store. Use leftover cooked white rice or make a pot of instant in the morning that can be chilled till dinner time.
- 1 (10.6-ounce) bag Chopped Salad Kit with Sesame Dressing
- 2 tablespoons 50/50 Ketchup (Low Sodium/Low Sugar)
- 1 teaspoon Chili-Garlic Sauce
- 4 teaspoons Canola Oil
- 1½ cups White Rice cooked and chilled
- 1 teaspoon Toasted Sesame Oil
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 8 ounces Large Shrimp peeled and deveined
- Whisk the dressing from salad kit with the ketchup and chili-garlic sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.
Cook the Veggies, Rice, and Shrimp
- Heat 2 teaspoons of the canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the vegetables from the salad kit. Cook and stir for about 30 seconds. Add the rice. Cook and stir 2-3 minutes. Add sesame oil. Cook and stir about 30 seconds. Divide mixture between 2 bowls.
- Wipe out the skillet. Add remaining 2 teaspoons of canola oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp in a single later; salt and pepper. Cook about 1 minute per side or until lightly browned. Add the dressing mixture and stir for about 1 minute.
Plate and Serve:
- Divide the cooked shrimp and sauce mixture evenly between the two rice bowls. Top with salad kit toppings if desired.
Food Groups ***Meat = 1.5 servings, Grains = 1 serving, Vegetables = 1 serving
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Your comments and star ratings help me create recipes you will love.