Smoky Pinto Bean & Kale Stew with Chicken
A hearty and healthy chicken stew with a mild chipotle flavor. Serve with a light garden salad and crusty bread for a complete meal.
- Pressure Cooker
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup Onion chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic sliced
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- ½ teaspoon Chipotle Chili Powder
- 1½ teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 4 cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 (15-ounce) cans Low Sodium Pinto Beans rinsed
- 1 (16-ounce) package Tuscan Kale
- ⅔ cup Cilantro chopped
- 2 tablespoons Lime Juice
- Heat oil inside Instant Pot on Sauté mode. Add onion and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Add garlic, cumin, chipotle chili powder, and salt. Cook for 1 minute. Stir in broth, chicken, and beans. Press ingredients down into broth. Close and lock pressure cooker lid. Cook on HIGH pressure for 8 minutes.
- Manually release pressure and remove chicken to cutting board. Shred or chop chicken. Stir chicken, kale, cilantro, and lime juice into soup. Let the kale wilt slightly, about 5 minutes, and serve.
Recipe adapted from eatingwell.com
Food Groups ***Meat = 1.5 servings, Vegetable = 1 serving, Legumes = 1.5 servings
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Your comments and star ratings help me create recipes you will love.