Slow Cooker Texas Stew
This is a hearty beef stew made with minimal salt that still satisfies the hungriest cowboys. Reduce the amount of Saturated Fat by choosing stew meat over other cuts of beef since most of the fat has already been trimmed for you. Serve as a stew with a side of cornbread or make some simple smashed potatoes to soak up all the delicious gravy. Either way is a win for your taste buds.
- 2 pounds Beef Stew Meat
- 1 (14.5-unce) can No Salt Added Mexican Stewed Tomatoes undrained
- 2 ½ cups Unsalted Beef Broth
- 1 (8-ounce) jar Pace Restaurant Style Salsa
- 3 medium Carrots sliced
- 1 medium Onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons Garlic chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoons Salt Free Mexican Seasoning
- ⅓ cup water
- ¼ cup All Purpose Flour
- Combine beef through Manzanillo seasoning in 4-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on High for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Combine water and flour in small bowl and stir until smooth. Add to cooked meat in slow cooker. Cook uncovered on HIGH for 10 minutes or until gravy is thickened. Makes about 10 cups.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Your comments and star ratings help me create recipes you will love.