Slow Cooker Sesame Chicken
Soy sauce and honey make a delicious sauce for these slow cooker chicken bites. Finish the dish with a sprinkle of sesame seeds and chopped green onion.
- Slow Cooker
- 1½ pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts cut in 1-inch chunks
- ½ cup Honey
- ¼ cup Onion chopped
- ¼ cup Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons 50/50 Ketchup (Low Sodium/Low Sugar)
- 4 teaspoons Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic (jar)
- ½ teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 cups Water
- 1½ cups Instant Brown Rice
- 2 teaspoons Sesame Seeds
- 2 Green Onions chopped
Slow Cook the Chicken:
- Layer chicken in bottom of Slow Cooker. Top with onions. In a small bowl, stir together honey, soy sauce, ketchup, cornstarch, garlic, and crushed red pepper. Pour over chicken and onions.Cover and cook on LOW for 2½ to 3 hours.
Make the Rice:
- Cook rice according to package directions without salt or butter. Keep warm until ready to serve.
Plate and Serve:
- Divide rice evenly between 6 plates and top with chicken and sauce. Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions.
Food Groups ***Meat = 3.5 servings, Starch = 1.5 servings
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Your comments and star ratings help me create recipes you will love.