Skillet Frittata Florentine
Most of the ingredients for this easy breakfast dish are probably in your pantry. You can substitute cooked and crumbled bacon for the bacon bits. But, it will cost you another 120mg of Sodium.
- 1½ tablespoons Grapeseed Oil
- 6 large Eggs
- ½ teaspoon Dried Basil Leaves
- ½ teaspoon Dried Oregano
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ cup Onion chopped
- ½ cup Red Bell Pepper chopped
- 1 cup Baby Spinach
- 2 tablespoons Real Bacon Bits
- 2 ounces Reduced Fat Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk eggs, basil, oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat oil in an 8-inch nonstick, ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper. Cook and stir 5 minutes, or until tender. Reduce heat to medium-low and add spinach.
- Pour in egg mixture and bacon bits. As eggs set, push cooked portions toward the center to let uncooked eggs flow underneath. Cook until eggs are almost set. Remove from heat and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes, or until eggs are set and cheese is melted. Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes. Cut in four wedges.
Food Groups ***Meat = 2 servings
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Your comments and star ratings help me create recipes you will love.