Skillet Beef, Corn & Zucchini Tater Tot Casserole
A quick weeknight meal that is a family favorite. Lean ground beef, onion, zucchini, tomatoes, and corn are the base of the casserole; then topped with crunchy tater tots and reduced fat cheese.
- 1 pound 93% Lean Ground Beef
- 1 cup Onion chopped
- 2 medium Zucchini sliced, then quartered
- 3 medium Roma Tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup Frozen Corn
- 1 tablespoon Salt Free Chili Powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 tablespoon All Purpose Flour
- 4 ounces Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 10 ounces Frozen Tater Tots
- Preheat oven to 400℉.
- Heat an extra large, ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef and onions. Cook and break up beef with a wooden spoon for 5 minutes, or until the beef is no longer pink. Add zucchini, 1 cup of the tomatoes, corn, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, and salt. Cook and stir 3-4 minutes. Sprinkle with the flour. Cook and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Spread meat and veggie mixture into an even layer. Top with ½ cup of cheese. Arrange tater tots on top in a single layer.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of tots. Bake another 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and tots are browned. Remove from oven and garnish with remaining tomatoes.
Food Groups ***Meat = 2.5 servings, Starch = 1 serving, Vegetable = .5 serving
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Your comments and star ratings help me create recipes you will love.