Sea Bass with Red Pepper Relish & Garlic Mayo
Seared Sea Bass on a bed of roasted red peppers, tomatoes, and garlic; topped with a garlicky mayonnaise. Simple enough for weeknights, but elegant enough for company.
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can No Salt Added Diced Tomatoes drained
- ½ (16-ounce) jar Roasted Red Peppers rough chopped
- 3 tablespoons Grapeseed Oil divided
- 3 tablespoons Chopped Garlic (jar)
- ½ teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- ¼ cup Fresh Parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon Sherry Vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 (12-ounce) packages Frozen Sea Bass with skin-on such as Sam's Choice®
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher Salt
Prepare the Relish:
- Place tomatoes and roasted red peppers in a food processor bowl. Pulse until chopped well, about 3 times.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add 3 tablespoons garlic and cook for 3 minutes. Add coriander and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in tomato mixture, sugar, and crushed red pepper. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in 1 tablespoon oil, parsley, 1 teaspoon vinegar, and ⅛ teaspoon salt. Set aside.
Make the Garlic Mayo:
- Mix mayonnaise, paprika, 1 teaspoon garlic, and ½ teaspoon vinegar in a small bowl. Set aside.
Cook the Sea Bass:
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the fish, skin side down and press lightly so fish stays flat. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 6-7 minutes, or until skin is browned. Flip the fish and cook for 1-2 minutes. Fish is done when it flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with remaining ¼ teaspoon salt.
Plate and Serve:
- Divide relish evenly between six plates. Top with one fish fillet and a dollop of garlic mayo.
Food Groups ***Meat = 3 servings, Vegetables = 1.5 servings, Fat = 1 serving
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Your comments and star ratings help me create recipes you will love.