Salt-Free Chicken Master Mix
Shredded chicken can be made ahead and frozen for quick and easy dinners during the week. Boneless chicken makes the mix easy to shred and package. Choose any Salt Free seasoning. You can make this mix into just about any flavor profile you want.Makes about 12 cups cooked chicken and 12 cups chicken broth.
- 4 pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 4 quarts water
- 3 tablespoons Salt Free Seasoning any flavor
- 1 tablespoon Sodium Free Chicken Bouillon Granules such as Herb-Ox Sodium Free
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large Dutch oven or stockpot. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 90 minutes. Remove from heat and cool. Remove cooked chicken breasts to a cutting board and cube or shred.
Package and Freeze
- Divide chicken evenly between six 2-cup airtight containers. Seal and label with date and contents. Let cool to room temperature before freezing. Divide chicken broth evenly between six 2-cup airtight containers. Seal and label with date and contents. Let cool before freezing.Freeze for up to 3 months.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Your comments and star ratings help me create recipes you will love.