Salt Free Baked Chicken Master Mix
You can use any salt free seasoning to make any flavor for this baked chicken. Use the meat in place of any recipe that calls for cooked chicken or rotisserie chicken. It turns out moist and juicy every time.
- 2-3 pounds bone-in Split Chicken Breasts
- 1 tablespoon per pound Salt Free Seasoning any flavor
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place breasts, skin side up, on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle seasoning evenly and rub into and under the skin.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Chicken is done when juices run clear. Transfer chicken to a cutting board. Let chicken rest until cool enough to handle.
- Remove meat from bones. Discard skin and bones. Chop or shred meat.
- Package, date, and label in 1-cup freezer safe containers.
- General Rule: 2½ pounds of raw meat will yield about 3 cups or 1½ pounds of cooked meat.
Using the Cooked Chicken: I like to package the chicken in 1 cup portions since most recipes will use 1-3 cups of cooked chicken. You can also use in any recipe that calls for rotisserie chicken. This is easier and less messy than pulling apart a whole chicken. Plus, the sodium is considerably less than store bought.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Your comments and star ratings help me create recipes you will love.