Roast Beef and Slaw Sandwiches
My family loves roast beef with any kind of horseradish. These sandwiches are so good with the horseradish slaw that you will want to make extra for tomorrows lunch.
- 2 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Cider Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 1 teaspoon Horseradish Mustard
- ⅛ teaspoon Caraway Seeds crushed
- ⅛ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 cup Coleslaw Mix
- 3 ounces Low Sodium Roast Beef such as Boars Head®
- 4 slices Whole Grain Bread Thin Sliced such as Dave's Killer Bread®
- 2 slices Ultra Thin Swiss Cheese such as Sargento®
Make the Slaw:
- In a medium bowl, stir together mayonnaise, vinegar, honey, mustard, caraway seeds, and pepper. Add coleslaw mix and combine well.
- For each sandwich: 1 bread slice, half of roast beef, 1 slice of cheese, half of slaw, and top with other slice of bread. Cut sandwich in quarters. (Note: Placing toothpicks in each corner keeps the sandwich together when cutting.
Food Groups ***Meat = 2.5 servings, Starch = 1.5 servings, Vegetable = .5 serving, Fat = .5 serving
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Your comments and star ratings help me create recipes you will love.