Reduced Fat Sausage Gravy and Biscuits
Southern comfort favorite "Biscuits and Gravy" made a little healthier with reduced fat pork sausage and 2% milk. It's just as tasty as the full fat version!
- 1 pound Reduced Fat Pork Sausage
- ⅓ cup All Purpose Flour
- 3-4 cups 2% Milk
- ½ teaspoon Salt Free Seasoning Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 (6-ounce) tubes Refrigerated Biscuits regular size
Make the Sausage Gravy:
- Break the sausage up with your fingers in a large nonstick skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until no longer pink. Reduce heat to medium-low and sprinkle half the flour on top. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Repeat with last half of flour.Pour in the milk. Cook and stir constantly until gravy thickens, about 10-12 minutes. Stir in the seasoned salt and pepper. Keep gravy on lowest heat setting until ready to serve. Stir as needed.
Bake the Biscuits:
- Bake the biscuits according to package directions. Remove from oven and keep warm until ready to serve.
Plate and Serve:
- Each serving is one biscuit and about ⅓ cup of gravy.Refrigerate any leftover gravy in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Food Groups ***Meat = .5 serving, Starch = 1 serving
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Your comments and star ratings help me create recipes you will love.