Pork Spanish Rice
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home Magazine Feb/Mar 2020. Easy one-pot dish that uses leftover Garlic-Apple Pork Roast to make a delicious lunch. Reduce the saturated fat 3 grams per serving by replacing the 2 tablespoons of butter in original recipe with just 1 tablespoon buttery spread such as Smart Balance®Organic. Eliminating regular butter will always reduce the saturated fat and sodium in any recipe.
- ½ cup Green Bell Pepper chopped
- ½ cup Onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon Buttery Spread
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can No Salt Added Diced Tomatoes
- 1 cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- ¼ teapoon Salt and Pepper each
- 1½ cups Cubed Cooked Pork from Garlic-Apple Pork Roast
- 1 cup Instant Rice uncooked
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
Saute the Vegetables
- In a large skillet, saute the bell pepper and onion in buttery spread until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in the pork and rice. Spoon into prepared baking dish.
Bake the Rice
- Cover baking dish and bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Stir with a fork to fluff rice before serving.
Food Groups ***Meat = 2.5 servings, Grains = 2 servings, Vegetables = 1 serving
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Your comments and star ratings help me create recipes you will love.