Parmesan Garlic Quick Bread
This quick bread packs in the flavors of garlic and parmesan. The perfect side for a bowl of chili.
- ½ cup Unsalted Butter
- ¼ cup Canola Oil
- ¼ cup Chopped Garlic (jar)
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- ¾ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1¼ cups Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup Low Fat Buttermilk
- 2 large Eggs
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat an 8½-by-4½-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Line the bottom of pan with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on each long side.
- Heat butter, oil, and garlic in a medium skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until butter butter is bubbling; about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, baking soda, and 1 cup Parmesan in a large bowl. Make a well in the center. Add buttermilk and eggs. Stir until combined. Pour into prepared loaf pan. Smooth the top of batter and sprinkle with remaining ¼-cup Parmesan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes; or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool before removing from pan. Makes 16 slices.
Food Groups ***Grains = 1 serving
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Your comments and star ratings help me create recipes you will love.