Crab Macaroni and Cheese
Cheesy pasta shells surround chunks of crab in this one pot version of macaroni and cheese. No need for separate pans since the pasta cooks in the same pan the sauce is made. Easy peasy.
- 4 tablespoons Butter with Oil such as Land O Lakes®
- 2 Shallots diced
- 2 tablespoons All Purpose Flour
- ½ cup Dry Sherry
- 4 cups 2% Milk
- 1 cup Water
- 2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 12 ounces Whole Wheat Pasta Shells
- 4 ounces Reduced Fat Monterey Jack Cheese shredded
- 4 ounces Sharp White Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 4 ounces Low Moisture Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- 1 pound Imitation Crab Meat - Flake Style flaked
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Melt butter in an oven-safe Dutch oven over medium heat. Add shallots and sauté for 3 minutes. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Stir in sherry, milk, and water. Bring mixture to a simmer. Stir in the Old Bay seasoning. Simmer for 1 minute.
- Stir in pasta and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes, or until cooked al dente. Add the cheeses and stir until melted. Remove from heat. Fold in the crab.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Each serving is about ¾ cup.
Food Groups ***Meat = 2.5 servings, Starch = 1.5 servings
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Your comments and star ratings help me create recipes you will love.