No Salt Added Italian Cooking Sauce Master Mix
Super versatile spaghetti sauce made without any added salt. Original mix is from one of my favorite books, "Make-A-Mix" (see link below). We adapted the recipe to fit our foundation of FO3, specifically the sodium. All of the tomatoes in this recipe are no-salt brands which is how we can get the sodium down to only 20 grams in one cup. This will become your "go to" spaghetti sauce once you see how easy and tasty it is. Makes 12 cups Freeze for up to six months
- 6 Freezer Safe 2-cup containers
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans No Salt Added Tomato Puree
- 4 (8-ounce) cans No Salt Added Tomato Sauce
- 2 cup water
- 2 (6-ounce) can No Salt Added Tomato Paste
- 2 tablespoons Dried Minced Onion
- 2 tablespoons Dried Parsley
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons Dried Green Pepper Flakes
- 1 teaspoons Dried Minced Garlic
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
Make the Sauce:
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Cool.
Package for the Freezer:
- Ladle cooled sauce into six 2-cup freezer containers, leaving 1/2-inch space at top. Seal and label containers. Freeze for up to 6 months. 2 cups homemade sauce = (1) 16 oz jar store-bought sauce.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Your comments and star ratings help me create recipes you will love.