Chicken and Mushroom Marsala over Garlic Toast
Recipe adapted from Best of Home Cooking cookbook.Chicken Marsala is a classic dish found in almost every Italian Restaurant. This version is served on toasted French bread brushed with roasted garlic infused olive oil. I originally made this as a Meal Prep meal where I doubled the recipe (pictured). When you are ready to serve, just make the toast and heat up the individual portions.
- 4 slices Whole Wheat French Bread 48 grams per slice
- 4 tablespoons Roasted Garlic Olive Oil
- 12 ounces Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts thin sliced
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 8 ounces Mushrooms sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1½ tablespoons All Purpose Flour
- 1½ cups Marsala Wine not cooking wine
- 2 cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 2 tablespoons Buttery Spread cold
- 1 tablespoon Parsley chopped
Cook the Chicken
- Season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat the regular olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken breasts on each side. Remove to a plate while you make the sauce.
Make the Sauce
- Reduce heat to medium and add the mushrooms to the skillet. Cook until they start to brown, about 5 minutes. Add the shallots and garlic; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add the four; cook and stir for 2 minutes.Carefully add the Marsala wine (may flame up due to alcohol). Turn up heat to high; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Use a wire whisk to scrap up bits on bottom of pan. Stir in the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until sauce reduces and thickens slightly.Finish sauce by adding butter and parsley. Stir until butter is melted.
Plate and Serve
- Place chicken breast in finished sauce and let warm while you make the toast.Toast bread; brush each slice with 1 tablespoon Roasted Garlic olive oil. Cut each slice in half diagonally.For each plate, place chicken breast on 2 halves of garlic toast and spoon on sauce. Serve immediately.
- Divide chicken breasts and sauce evenly between 4 airtight containers. Refrigerate for up to 4 days. When ready to serve, toast bread and brush with 1 tablespoon Roasted Garlic oil. Reheat chicken marsala in the microwave and serve over garlic toast.
Food Groups ***Meat = 2.5 servings, Grains = 1.5 servings, Vegetables = 1 serving
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Your comments and star ratings help me create recipes you will love.