Make Ahead Italian Deli Salad
Easy to assemble make ahead salad with your favorite antipasto ingredients. Salami, mozzarella cheese, chickpeas, and veggies are marinated in a light dressing and topped with arugula. Placing the arugula on top of the dressed veggies keeps the salad from getting soggy. Add an apple or orange for a perfectly balanced lunch at the office, day hike, or picnic in the park.
- 6 (2-cup) Food Storage Containers
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil light tasting
- 2 tablespoons White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 clove Garlic pressed thru garlic press
- ½ teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- ½ teaspoon Dried Oregano or Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can No Salt Added Chickpeas rinsed
- 1 (14-ounce) can Quartered Artichoke Hearts rinsed
- ½ cup Roasted Red Peppers rinsed and chopped
- 4 ounces Low Moisture Mozzarella Cheese cut in bite size cubes
- ½ cup Black or Green Olives sliced
- 4 ounces Hard Salami course chop
- 2 Green Onions sliced
- 3 cups Baby Arugula
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, garlic, Dijon, oregano, and pepper. Stir in chickpeas, artichokes, roasted pepper, cheese, olives, salami, and green onions. Toss to coat well.
- Divide veggies between 6 (2-cup) airtight storage containers. Top with ½ cup arugula and seal the container. Label containers. Refrigerate for up to 2 days. Shake container before serving.
Food Groups ***Meat = .5 servings, Legumes = .5 serving, Vegetable = 1 serving
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!