Lower Fat Garlic Butter Shrimp and Fettuccine
Recipe adapted from Damn Delicious. This is one of our favorite flavor combinations of shrimp, butter, garlic, and spinach; not to mention it is fast and easy to make. We replaced the butter with a buttery spread in addition to reducing the amount from 8 tablespoons to 6 tablespoons in order to get the saturated fat from original recipe of 14.6 grams per serving to 2.25 grams per serving. The fettuccine and shrimp have also been reduced to keep the "portion" sizes in balance with our Cardiac diet needs.
- 6 ounces Fettuccine Pasta
- 1 pound Large Shrimp peeled and deveined
- 6 tablespoons Buttery Spread
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon Dried Oregano
- ½ teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 cups Baby Arugula or Spinach
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 2 tablepoons Parsley chopped
Make the Pasta
- Cook pasta according to package directions without salt. Drain well and set aside.
Cook the Shrimp
- Melt 1 tablespoon buttery spread in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, oregano, and red pepper flakes cooking for 1 minute. Add Shrimp and cook about 2-3 minutes or until pink. Do not overcook.
- Melt remaining 5 tablespoons buttery spread in same pot used to cook pasta. Stir in drained pasta, arugula/spinach and Parmesan cheese until arugula/spinach begins to wilt, about 2 minutes. Stir in shrimp.
Plate and Serve
- Divide shrimp and pasta evenly between 4 plates and garnish with parsley.
Food Groups ***Meat = 2.5 servings, Grains = 2 servings
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Your comments and star ratings help me create recipes you will love.