How many times have you heard the phrase “Taco Tuesday”? We have all seen our local and national chains advertise a Tuesday special on Tacos. But, do you really know the origins? Probably not. There have been many arguments about the phrase for decades. One of the more interesting articles on the subject was written by Gustavo Arellano in a 2018 article I found on Thrillist.com. There is so much information about Taco Tuesday® in this article. More then you ever thought possible!
I love any kind of taco on any day of the week. So, enjoy Grilled Fish Tacos with Lime Slaw on a Tuesday if you choose; just don’t call it Taco Tuesday® Be sure to try another great fish taco recipe, Beer-Battered Fish Tacos with Tomato & Avocado Salsa
Grilled Fish Tacos with Lime Slaw
- Indoor Grill
Make the Slaw
- Toss the coleslaw mix, red onion, juice of one lime, sugar, and ½ teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Grill the Fish
- Preheat the grill to 350°F. Mix the cayenne pepper with remaining ½ teaspoon salt and rub all over fish.
- Lightly spray grill with avocado oil. Grill fish for about 5-6 minutes per side, flipping once. Transfer to a cutting board and slice into strips.
- Warm tortillas on hot grill, flipping as needed.
Plate and Serve
- Place two warmed tortillas on four plates. Divide fish evenly and top with slaw and cilantro. Serve with the lime wedges.