Low Sodium Chicken Tetrazzini
Chicken, mushrooms, and cheese in a creamy sauce that is low in sodium. We made it even more healthy by choosing whole wheat spaghetti to increase the fiber.
- 2 tablespoons Buttery Spread
- 2 tablespoons All Purpose Flour
- 1¾ cups Fat Free Milk
- 1 cup Swiss Cheese shredded
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese shredded
- 8 ounces Whole Wheat Spaghetti broken, cooked, and drained
- 1½ cups Salt-Free Chicken Master Mix or any cooked chicken without salt
- 4 ounces Mushrooms sliced
- ¼ cup Red Bell Pepper chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat a 1½-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
Make the Sauce
- Melt buttery spread in large saucepan over low heat. Stir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Gradually whisk in the milk, stirring until well blended. Cook 5 minutes, or until thickened, stirring constantly. Add in ½ cup of the Swiss cheese and 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese. Stir until cheese is melted. Remove from heat.Add cooked spaghetti, cooked chicken, mushrooms, and bell pepper. Mix lightly and spoon into prepared baking dish.
Bake the Casserole
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Top with remaining ½ cup of Swiss Cheese and 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Plate and Serve
- Divide chicken tetrazzini evenly between 6 plates and serve hot.This dish also makes a great Freezer Meal or Meal Prep Meal. Store in airtight containers.Refrigerate for up to 4 days.Freeze for up to 3 months.
Food Groups ***Meat = 1.5 servings, Grains = 2 servings
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Your comments and star ratings help me create recipes you will love.