Chipotle Turkey Master Mix
A bone-in turkey breast with chipotle chilies makes a delicious meat that works well in tacos, quesadillas, or burritos. The Instant Pot or any pressure cooker speeds up the cooking process and keeps the meat extra moist. Package and freeze for quick meals.Most grocery stores only carry frozen turkey breasts. The amount of sodium varies depending on the brand. Look for less than 400 milligrams sodium per 4-ounce serving; or the lowest you can find.
- Pressure Cooker
- Gallon size Freezer Bags
- Chop 2 chili peppers from can of Chipotle Chiles. Set aside 2 whole chilies.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, chopped chilies, sage, and pepper. Rub evenly over turkey breast.
- Place water and onions in bottom of Pressure Cooker. Place turkey breast on top with cavity side facing up. Put the 2 whole chilies in the cavity.
- Seal the lid, close the valve, and set to Pressure Cook on High for 33 minutes. Natural release. Remove turkey and transfer to a cutting board. Loosely tent with foil. Let cool for 20-30 minutes, or until you can handle.
- Remove meat from cooled turkey and chop or shred. Discard skin and bones.
- A 5½ pound turkey breast will yield a little more than 6 cups of cooked meat. Package in a one gallon freezer bag. Freeze flat for up to 4 months.
Note on Cooking Time: General rule of thumb for pressure cooking turkey breast is 6 minutes per pound. Adjust cooking time for the actual size breast you get.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Your comments and star ratings help me create recipes you will love.