Hash Brown Frittata
Any frittata is a good frittata, Here, refrigerated hash brown potatoes are the star of the dish. Add a turkey sausage patty to the meal to boost the protein.
- 6 large Eggs
- ½ cup Half and Half
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ¾ teaspoon Kosher Salt divided
- 3 tablespoons Canola Oil
- ½ cup Onion chopped
- 1 (20-ounce) package Refrigerated Shredded Hash Browns such as Simply Potatoes®
- 1 teaspoon Dried Dill Weed
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together, eggs, half-and-half, dried dill weed, ½ teaspoon salt, and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large (10-12-inches) nonstick, oven safe skillet over medium high heat. Add onion. Cook and stir as needed for 5 minutes, or until onion is softened. Add 1 tablespoon of oil and rotate skillet to coat bottom of pan. Add hash browns and spread out in an even layer. Cook for 5-6 minutes, or until browned on bottom. With a wide spatula, flip hash browns in sections, trying to rotate top to bottom. Sprinkle remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and 1 tablespoon oil over top of hash browns. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until bottoms are browned.
- Reduce heat to medium. Pour egg mixture over hash browns in skillet. Cook, undisturbed, for 2-3 minutes, or until outer edges are set. Transfer skillet to preheated oven and bake for 6-8 minutes. Frittata is done when middle of eggs are set. Remove from oven. Loosen edges with a spatula and turn frittata out onto a cutting board. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Cut into six wedges and garnish with pico de gallo, if desired.
Food Groups ***Meat = 1 serving, Starch = 1 serving
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Your comments and star ratings help me create recipes you will love.