Garlic Basil Halibut with Zucchini Chips and Jasmine Rice
Halibut and Zucchini recipe adapted from Diabetic Living, "The Ultimate Diabetes Cookbook". Any white-fish will work in this easy garlic and basil topped halibut. Broiling the fish means it cooks up quick. Zucchini and yellow squash are also broiled with a simple drizzle of olive oil and lemon juice. We added jasmine rice to round out the meal for a quick weeknight dinner.Cooking Option: We have also made this in a 350°F oven instead of broiling. Cook both the fish and the veggies at the same time in separate baking sheets. Test fish after 10 minutes in oven. Veggies are done in about 20 minute;, stir them halfway through cooking to brown on all sides.
- 16 ounces Cod or Halibut Fillets
- 4 teaspoons Dried Basil Leaves
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 cup Jasmine Rice
Prepare the Rice
- Prepare rice as directed on package without salt or butter.
Broil the Fish
- Preheat broiler. Spray one baking pan with cooking spray for fish and set aside. Line another 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan with parchment paper for zucchini and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter, basil, garlic, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Spread mixture on top of fish. Place fish on prepared pan. Broil 4 inches from heat for 8-12 minutes until fish flakes easily.
- Place zucchini and squash on parchment paper lined pan and drizzle with 2 teaspoons olive oil. Toss to coat. Broil vegetables 4-5 inches from heat for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Remove from oven and place in medium bowl. Drizzle with 2 teaspoons olive oil, 2 teaspoons lemon juice, ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper over vegetables and toss to coat.
Plate and Serve
- Divide veggies evenly between 4 plates. Add broiled fish fillet and a heaping ½-cup of rice.
Food Groups ***Meat = 4 servings, Grains = 2.5 servings, Vegetables = 1.5 servings
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Your comments and star ratings help me create recipes you will love.