Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches
Easy to make breakfast sandwiches with scrambled eggs, Canadian bacon, and melty cheese on a toasted English muffin. Make and freeze the sandwiches for a quick breakfast.
- Plastic Wrap
- 2 (1-gallon) Freezer Bags
- 12 large Eggs
- ⅔ cup 2% Milk
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 12 Whole Wheat English Muffin split
- Butter Flavor Cooking Spray
- 12 slices Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese
- 12 slices Canadian Bacon
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly coat a 13x9-inch baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
Cook the Eggs:
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Pour into prepared baking dish. Bake in preheated oven for 15-18 minutes, or until set. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack. Cut cooled eggs into 12 square portions.
Assemble the Sandwiches:
- While eggs are cooking in the oven, toast the English Muffins. Lightly coat toasted muffins with cooking spray, if desired.
- Layer each sandwich in the following order-Muffin Bottom, Egg Portion, Cheese Slice, Canadian Bacon, Muffin Top
- Wrap each sandwich in plastic wrap. Place six wrapped sandwiches inside each labeled 1-gallon freezer bag.
To Reheat in Microwave:
- Remove plastic wrap from frozen sandwich and wrap sandwich in a paper towel. Microwave for 1-3 minutes total cooking time, flipping sandwich over halfway through. Every microwave is different, so test what works best. For me, I microwave for 90 seconds at 70% power, flip the sandwich and microwave for another 90 seconds at 70% power.
Food Groups ***Meat = 2 servings, Starch = 1.5 servings
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Your comments and star ratings help me create recipes you will love.