Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings
Slow cooked down home flavor of creamy chicken with vegetables and no-fuss refrigerated biscuit "Dumplings". Choose regular sized biscuits such as Pillsbury®Butter Tastin'.
- Slow Cooker
- 1 cup Onion chopped
- 1¼ pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 (10.5-ounce) cans Less Sodium Cream of Mushroom Soup such as Campbells®Healthy Request
- 2 cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- ¼ teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 cup Celery sliced
- 1 cup Carrots sliced or chopped
- 1 cup Frozen Peas thawed
- 1½ teaspoons Minced Garlic (jar)
- 1 (6-ounce) can (5 biscuits) Refrigerated Biscuits
Slow Cook the Chicken:
- Place onion and chicken in slow cooker. Sprinkle with oregano, thyme, salt and pepper. Combine soup and broth together. Pour over chicken and add bay leaf.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 hours.
- Discard bay leaf. Shred chicken with 2 forks. Stir in celery, carrots, peas, and garlic. Cut each biscuit into four pieces and stir into chicken mixture. Make sure biscuits are submerged into liquid.
- Cook on HIGH for 1 hour, or until biscuits are cooked through. Stir at least twice.
Plate and Serve:
- Divide evenly between six bowls. Package any leftovers in an airtight container. refrigerate for up to 5 days.
Make Ahead Meal for Fridge + Oven:
- Follow steps 1-3 except for adding the biscuits. Let chicken and veggie mixture cool to room temperature. Divide mixture evenly between six glass containers (3-cup, oven safe containers with lids). Lay biscuit pieces on top of chicken mixture. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- To Serve: Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove cover and place container on a cookie sheet. Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until biscuits are cooked through.
Food Groups ***Meat = 2 servings, Starch = 1 serving, Vegetable = .5 serving
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!