Creamy Pasta with Shrimp
Mushrooms, tomatoes, and spinach in a creamy white sauce is the base of this delicious pasta with shrimp. Complete the meal with a garden salad and fat-free dressing.
- 8 ounces Whole Wheat Spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons Buttery Spread
- 8 ounces Mushrooms chopped
- ½ cup Shallots chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) container Grape or Cherry Tomatoes cut in quarters
- 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic (jar)
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 pound Large Shrimp peeled and deveined
- ¼ cup Dry White Wine
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2 cups Baby Spinach packed
- ½ cup Low Fat Evaporated Milk
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese shredded
Cook the Spaghetti:
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions without salt for al dente. Drain and toss with 2 tablespoons buttery spread.
Make the Sauce and Cook the Shrimp:
- Melt remaining buttery spread over medium in large skillet. Add mushrooms and shallots. Cook and stir about 5 minutes, or until mushrooms are tender. Stir in tomatoes, garlic, salt, and pepper. Cook about 2 minutes, or until tomatoes are soft. Add shrimp. Cook and stir about 1 minute.Stir in the wine and lemon juice. Increase heat to medium-high. Cook uncovered for 1 minute. Stir in spinach, evaporated milk, and Parmesan. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 5 minutes.
Plate and Serve:
- Divide spaghetti, shrimp, and sauce evenly between 4 pasta bowls.
Food Groups ***Meat = 2 servings, Starch = 3 servings, Vegetables = 1.5 servings, Fat = .5 serving
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Your comments and star ratings help me create recipes you will love.