Cedar Planked Salmon
Something about cooking fish on a Cedar Plank makes them taste that much better. I've cooked these Salmon on a Gas Grill, a Traeger, and a Blackstone. Either method you choose will come out delicious.
- Outdoor Grill or a Blackstone® Griddle
- 15-inch Cedar Planks we used a 2-pack from Walmart
- NOTE: Cedar planks and seasoned salmon need to be soaked/refrigerated for a minimum of 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
- Cut Salmon crosswise into 4 equal portions and pat dry. In a small bowl, combine sugar, salt, dill, and pepper. Sprinkle seasoning over fillets. Refrigerate, uncovered for at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
- Soak the cedar planks 1 hour before grilling or according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Preheat Grill or Griddle to medium-low heat, and maintain the temperature between 300℉ and 350℉.
- While Grill preheats, brush the skin side of the salmon with oil and place on the planks. Place planks on preheated Grill and close the lid. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes, or until internal temperature of salmon reaches 125℉. Transfer salmon to a baking sheet and tent with foil. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
Food Groups ***Meat = 4.5 servings
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Your comments and star ratings help me create recipes you will love.