California Roll Wraps
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home Magazine Feb/Mar 2020. These wraps are a clever take on California Rolls from your favorite sushi restaurant. The sodium is a little higher than we would like which is mainly coming from the imitation crab meat. Be sure to look for the lowest sodium version in the refrigerated seafood section of your grocery store. The first time we made the wraps we used whole wheat tortillas and the flavor was alright, but not great, so we opted for a low carb flour tortilla that still boosts the fiber, but with a better flavor. Wasabi mayonnaise can be a challenge to find in some grocery stores, but you can make your own by adding some wasabi paste to regular mayonnaise; just choose the lowest sodium brands for both.
- ½ cup Wasabi Mayonnaise
- 8 low carb tortillas (42 grams each)
- 16 ounces imitation crab meat
- 2 avocado, peeled and sliced thin
- 8 ounces Red Bell Pepper
- 8 ounces cucumber, seeded and julienned
- 1 (8-ounce) package fresh bean sprouts
- Spread wasabi mayonnaise evenly between the 8 tortillas to within 1/2-inch of edges. Layer crabmeat and veggies over each tortilla. Roll up tight "burrito style". Cut in half and serve.
Food Groups ***Meat = .5 serving, Grains = 1 serving, Vegetables = .5 serving
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Your comments and star ratings help me create recipes you will love.