Crispy Orange Chicken with Brown Rice
Semi homemade orange chicken that comes together in 30 minutes is almost as good as your favorite takeout. If you want to reduce the sodium than choose Foster Farms®Popcorn Chicken. However, you will need to also reduce the Fiber by 2 grams.
- 16 ounces Frozen Popcorn Chicken such as Tyson®Any'tizers
- 1 tablespoon Canola Oil
- 1 cup Carrots thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon Chopped Garlic (jar)
- 1 cup Low Sugar Orange Juice no pulp
- ⅓ cup Hoisin Sauce
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 2 cups Instant Brown Rice
Cook the Rice
- Prepare the rice according to package directions without salt or butter.
Cook the Chicken
- Bake the popcorn chicken according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add carrots; cook and stir about 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in orange juice, hoisin sauce, sugar, and cayenne pepper. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered about 5-6 minutes or until thickened. Stir frequently.Add cooked chicken to skillet and toss to coat.
Plate and Serve
- Divide prepared rice evenly between 6 plates. Top each plate with approximately 2½ ounces of the chicken mixture. Serve hot.
Food Groups ***Meat = 1.5 servings, Grains = 1.5 servings
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Your comments and star ratings help me create recipes you will love.